I received an email the other day from my friend, Brian Etheridge, who brought lexiphile jokes to my attention. I’d describe them as supercharged puns for people who love words. Here are 10 to help you start your Monday off right:
- The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine is fully recovered.
- When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.
- The batteries were given out free of charge.
- The thief who stole a calendar got 12 months.
- We’ll never run out of math teachers. They always multiply.
- A bicycle can’t stand alone; it is two-tired.
- In a democracy, your vote counts. In feudalism, your count votes.
- If you don’t pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.
- A will is a dead giveaway.
- When you’ve seen one shopping center, you’ve seen a mall.
Thanks for visiting. While you’re here, please look around the site. You can subscribe via e-mail or RSS feed. The tools to do so are at the top of the right-hand column. To share or retweet the entry, use the buttons below. You can follow me on Twitter: @peterfaur.