Here are 10 fun facts to start your Monday:
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
- Armadillos can be housebroken.
- A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
- Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone.
- A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
- A quarter has 119 grooves on its edge, a dime has one less groove.
- A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
- Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called Franklin. Today it is known as Tennessee.
- The flashing warning light on the cylindrical Capitol Records tower spells out HOLLYWOOD in Morse code.
Thanks for visiting. While you’re here, please look around the site. You can subscribe via e-mail or RSS feed. The tools to do so are at the top of the right-hand column. To share or retweet the entry, use the buttons below. You can follow me on Twitter: @peterfaur.