Suppose you found a presidential candidate who:
- Promises to run a positive campaign, and seems to understand just how tough that will be to do?
- Wants to balance the budget by dealing with defense and entitlements and calling on the states to step up efforts in the areas of health care and education?
- Is deeply religious but unapologetic about favoring civil unions for gay couples?
- Takes climate change seriously?
- Has extraordinary insights about China based on first-hand experience?
- Has worked for several presidents, and comes from a family with a tradition of public service?
I’ll definitely take him seriously. He strikes me as a better candidate than any other I’ve heard about in the present crop of GOP hopefuls. Learn more about him here.